Wednesday, May 4, 2016

At a Loss For Words


As far as this blog is concerned, I'm finished with this project. I have to tack up the trim and do some touchup painting, stuff that nobody really cares about so I'm declaring this project done. Despite my error in calculation, the remaining two sets of doors on the end went well. I had to move them towards the wall so they are not centered in their openings due to bigger hinges and too much of an overlap, but it isn't noticeable until you get your tape measure out and measure them from the inside.

I still want to build some sort of desktop desk organizer for those things that I use quite frequently while paying bills. Stuff that I don't necessarily want to have to scoot over and get out of a desk drawer. I'm thinking something that lifts the monitor up a couple inches perhaps and has spots underneath.

Originally I was going to put some sort of crown molding on the Murphy bed unit to disguise the plug in for the lights a bit but I don't think I will anymore. My wife is anxious now that I've taken pictures to start moving things in from underneath the stairs where we store office supplies currently. She has been working the last couple evenings with a tape measure and a step stool taking stock of things and perhaps searching for some sort of shelf organizers for the bookcase.

Finally, the title of this post, 'At a Loss For Words' doesn't refer to this post but for future posts. I'm not sure what I blogged about before I gutted this room after Thanksgiving last year. I'm sure I'll find something to blather on about, I always do, but right now I haven't a clue what I will blog about next. We'll see.


9 comments:

Bob said...

Congrats!! It has been so cool to watch this progress and you have every reason to be proud of a job well done. All along the Murphy bed has been my favorite, but that desk is pretty remarkable too. And surely there's another project to start in order to give you other topics to write about . . .

Ed said...

Bob - There is a never ending list of projects!

kymber said...

Ed - it all looks amazing and i know you will find other nifty projects to fill your days.

of note: i am still your friend. jambaloney; however, says that he will never speak to you again. i'm sorry buddy!

sending love. your friend,
kymber

Ed said...

Kymber - Tell Jambaloney that I will still speak to him!

Kelly said...

Like Bob, my initial thrill with this project was your Murphy bed, but now that it's all done, I'm mighty impressed with that desk space. It ALL looks great!

sage said...

Nice work. Maybe Desert Rat can visit and offer his sarcastic take on the current political situation...

Ed said...

Kelly - I love the desk space. It is the realization of a long time dream!

Sage - I should bring him out for a bit of commentary. I find myself almost speechless at the way this political season has turned out.

Vince said...

You're like a ship builder who has to hand the creation over to someone else just as it's finished.
When are your in-laws arriving to take up residence.

And lovely indeed, esp the desk area.

Ed said...

Vince - They arrive in a little over a month. I can't believe it is that close already!